The daily bread you knead to know … “It’s wood-fired inspired!”
Get ready to channel your inner bread baker: these inspiring classes will teach you professional bread baking techniques to make breads from around Europe. Breathe in the aroma of freshly baked loaves and realize your dough-making dreams! This course is devoted to the art of producing beautiful baguettes, fresh focaccia, croissants, pretzels, and bagels. Three bread sessions combined with a walk back in time in France Profonde. You will visit local markets, tour cave paintings and dine in the chateau of the Count and Countess of Couanac. There will be plenty of time to enjoy the gourmet food and wine of the Region.
Come to class, slip on your baker’s whites and get ready to mix, fold, shape, score and bake in our wood-fired oven. Even if you have no prior experience making bread, you’ll discover the joy of baking and unleashing its mysteries! Under the close supervision of accomplished, master bread maker, Pat Hains, you’ll be challenged to learn more about professional bread baking than you ever thought possible.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
In three intense and enjoyable classes, you’ll gain knowledge in:
* Essential keys to baking an assortment of breads
* How to develop and maintain a sourdough starter
* The use of an ancient bread baking oven
WHAT YOU WILL EXPERIENCE
On alternate days you will
* Visit local markets of Limogne-en-Quercy and Cahors
* Tour 25,000 year old cave paintings of Pech Merle
* Dine at the Chateau Couanac with the Count and Countess
* Apron and Chef Hat
* Recipes and Supplies
* Lodging (double occupancy)
* All Breakfasts and Three Lunches
* Arrival Night Dinner and Pizza Dinner
* Unforgettable Farewell Celebration
COST $3000 per person
Please review our Cancellation and Refund Policy
2017 DATES: 4/29-5/6 5/20-5/27 8/12-8/19 8/19-8/26 Other dates may be available upon request
TO REGISTER and to learn about Pat Hains and her professional experience go to Pilgrims Au Pain.
To learn about Maison d'Être, the magical medieval house in SW france that awaits your arrival, look around this website!